Patients come to FSCC for skin cancer facts, how to look for cancer spots, and skin cancer surgery resources in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
The FSCC is your leading resource for skin cancer facts, how you look for skin cancer spots, and skin cancer surgery resources. The FSCC Skin Cancer Surgery Program incorporates the skills of board-certified surgeons working alongside SPL board-certified pathologists to ensure complete removal of your skin cancer and offers patients the greatest opportunity for a satisfactory cosmetic outcome.
All our skin cancer surgeries are performed under local anesthesia, and most are routinely completed in under an hour. Because of the efficiencies of the team approach, patients who have multiple skin cancers can have:
- All surgery completed at one sitting
- Valuable time saved
- Fewer costs
- Fewer office visits
Your board-certified FSCC plastic surgeon performs all skin cancer biopsies and surgeries. When your FSCC surgeon recommends MOFS (Multiple Oriented Frozen Section) surgery or removal with Mohs pathology, your SPL board-certified pathologist will:
- Immediately evaluate the skin cancer specimen in the mobile pathology lab
- Ensure complete removal
- Eliminate the need for additional surgery
Our Program emphasizes early diagnosis as the best way to prevent problems that develop from skin cancers.
- Nonmelanoma skin cancers such as Basal Cell Cancer (BCC) and Squamous Cell Cancer (SCC) typically enlarge and create issues due to the size of the defect resulting from the complete removal
- The FSCC will examine your skin for suspicious lesions and be proactive in early diagnosis using small punch biopsies with precise wound closure by our plastic surgeons, providing a better cosmetic outcome than the commonly used shave technique
- Early diagnosis coupled with your FSCC skin cancer team’s expertise assures you of the best cosmetic outcome
- Diagnosing Melanoma early is the most important factor for a good prognosis
- Too often, pigmented lesions that turn out to be Melanoma are “watched” by patients and their physicians
Our early biopsy philosophy mitigates the risk of neglected Melanoma and offers patients the opportunity for better outcomes.
If you have a question regarding the type of biopsy your physician wishes to perform, please contact FSCC, and we will advise you of what type of biopsy we would suggest.
SKIN CANCER Screenings
Book one now – a screening may save your (a) life!
FSCC physicians speak to nonprofit, community, and corporate groups about the incidence of skin cancer and the importance of screening.